Are you in the travel mood? The annual editions of the national Travel Fair of Romania – TTR (held at Romexpo, in Bucharest) – is given you each spring and autumn the advantage of Early Booking packages from all travel agencies alongside offers of up to 40 % discount. While you’re there though, here’s something to keep in mind when looking for the perfect vacation.
What you should know before buying a package deal:
1. Take time and walk around through the stands for a clearer idea on the destinations deals. Get as many offers as you can from several travel agencies to make a comparison. At this point in time travel agencies have an obligation to provide you with essential information, in addition to price: destination, means of transport, accommodation, meal services offered, itinerary etc .
2. Check carefully the hotel you want to stay in, in the EU hotel classification standards are a little ambiguous. In other words, there may be differences between what is means a 3* or 4* hotel in your country home and the same 3* or 4* hotel in another area. Ask for clear information about what exactly is included in the services offered by the hotel you desire.
3. All agencies are required to sign a written contract for the travel packages offered. The contract will contain a strictly regulated format and will provide you with a number of useful consumer information before travelling. You will also receive information about the country in which you go on holiday, so you will not have unpleasant surprises: check the passport status, the traffic rules, and most important – behaviour policies etc.
4. Sign a medical insurance valid for the entire journey. The insurance can take the form of your European Health Insurance card or be regular medical insurance signed with a private firm.
5. If you think about booking online than check out as much information about the travel agency offering services. Just to be safe, before buying a holiday online, carefully check the forums posts and recommendations about the agency and also take a look at its financial activity on the Ministry of Finance website.
So, if you have decided to buy a holiday and have more unanswered questions just stop by the ECC Romania stand where their lawyers are ready to answer for free all your questions and offer extra travel tips.
This post is also available in: Romanian